For the girl’s birthdays this year they both got new tablets….which meant the tablets needed covers. Being impatient as I sometimes am with ordering things online (the wait for it to come in the mail drives me nuts) I had an idea to use vintage books as tablet covers while I was in a thrift store yesterday & it was pretty easy to find two books that would work perfect for this little project. Best part the books were only .50 cents each! Side Note: The ones I picked out weren’t anything I would feel bad about taking apart, nothing rare or super cool kind of thing. Everything else I needed I found out in my studio: Glue (both E6000 & Aleen’s Tacky Glue), Wool Felt, Rivets & Rivet Gun, Elastic, Scissors, X-acto Knife, Etc. The thing I found most tricky about this project (& the most time consuming) was making holes in the back cover for the rivets to go into. I wanted to be really careful not to make them too big or off center. Once I got the rivets & elastic in, the rest was pretty simple. Note: I glued down the elastic (on the inside cover before putting the felt over it) & reinforced around it with E6000 glue, once that dried I glued down the felt with Aleen’s Tacky glue. I left the piece of felt bigger than the book cover and cut the excess off after it dried with a pair of small sharp scissors. This way I didn’t have to mess around with getting the size of the felt perfect or centered just right. Once the felt was glued on & drying (I let it dry overnight btw) I added a few velcro “dots” to the back of the tablets themselves (using the non fuzzy side of the velcro) which works perfect for it to “stick” to the felt. After the covers dried all the way I simply set the tablets in & wrapped the elastic around to the front. Voilia! They are now safe to travel in the girls purses, back packs, &/or tote bags. Best part it looks like they are just carrying a book with them & when they use the Kindle app on their tablet they still “feel” like they are reading a real book! Win! Win!